12/27/2011

The Social Network Connection

Social networks like Facebook, Twitter, etc, have been taking over peoples' time. From my point of view, Facebook (literally) is the only "book" we read everyday. People are on FB almost 24/7. 10 years ago, people interacted with E-mail and it was much more "formal". These days, if you send someone a happy b-day E-mail, they might or might not read it. But, on the other hand if you put it on their Facebook wall, there is a 95% chance of that person seeing it (provided that they even have a Facebook Account).
Now, even before jobs hire people they check Facebook. Even if you have "Straight A's", if you have nasty stuff on your Facebook Wall... I'll let you see for yourself...
It's great people have found their old friends from long ago, but I think people are abusing their social networks like crazy! They talk about almost everything on there! Even kids (some under legal age) use Facebook. Mostly becuz they want to be popular. Personally, I like the Facebook games. LOL!!
And yes, I saw the "share on Facebook and Twitter" thing on the sidebar. I just felt like putting that there.
:)
Until Next Time
- Vishnu

No comments: